Share WiFi Password
You have a new smartphone and your WiFi password is not at hand? Or do you want to give a friend WiFi access? Then here’s the ultimate tip on how you can easily share even cryptic passwords with special characters that are longer than some supermarket queues via smartphone.
Share WiFi password without tedious typing
Most of us usually enter our Wi-Fi password once and then the piece of paper with the password ends up in some box or folder labeled super important so that it doesn’t get lost. These passwords are usually very long and complicated that you usually can’t remember them. And that’s a good thing, because passwords are supposed to be secure.
However, with a little trick you can easily send yourself the password without annoying typing.
Share WiFi password on Android
A saved Wi-Fi connection is shared via QR code on many Android devices. This saves you from entering the password. The device to be connected to the network must have a QR code scanner installed to support this function.
Depending on Android and manufacturer, the procedure may vary in the individual steps:
- Open the “Settings” on your smartphone
- Tap on “Connections” or “Network & Internet”
- Select “WiFI”
- Open the “WiFI connection / network” to be shared
- Tap on the “QR code”
- Scan the displayed QR code with your new smartphone and add the Wi-Fi connection to your smartphone.
Share WiFi password on iOS
As always, the world of Apple is something special. Therefore, you can only initiate the automatic WiFi password forwarding within the iOS world.
You can simply send the code to an acquaintance who is stored in the address book and also has an iPhone. To do this, both people and their iPhones must be in the vicinity (Bluetooth and WiFi reception area). The prerequisite for this is that the Apple ID is stored in the contacts.
Step-by-step instructions for sharing:
- Activate WiFi and Bluetooth on both devices. (If the personal hotspot is activated on one of the devices, deactivate it)
- Make sure that your device (the device from which the password is shared) is unlocked and connected to the Wi-Fi network
- Select the Wi-Fi network on the device you want to connect
- Tap “share password” on your phone and then it should arrive on the second iPhone. Now confirm the request and you’re ready to connect to the WiFi.
How To Order an eSIM
Compare and find the most suitable travel eSIM for your needs and purchase it directly with the provider.
Receive eSIM via email/app
You will receive the eSIM profile within a few minutes in a separate e-mail or you can directly access it in the provider’s app.
Scan the eSIM QR code in the mail with the camera function of your smartphone and follow the instructions on the screen. The profile will be set up automatically.
Free roaming abroad
You can now use the eSIM abroad!
Search over 28000 eSIM data plans in 210+ countries
Why Choose an eSIM?
The eSIM works digitally only, so fewer resources are used than with the classic SIM card.
The new eSIM can easily be digitally uploaded to your smartphone. It’s quick and saves the environment.
Your eSIM profile is sent easily and conveniently by email. This means you will receive your digital eSIM much faster than a physical SIM Card by post.